Home

Monday, April 27, 2015

Reader Interview: Beth L.



A few of you might remember that a while ago I came up with this grand scheme to do reader interviews. Instead of interviewing authors, like I and many other bloggers do, I decided to interview various readers on their favorite books and what they think makes a book great.

Today, a lovely young lady named Beth that I have the privilege to know is joining us for an interview. Please welcome her!

Can you tell us a little about yourself? Hobbies, interests, occupation/future occupation? Anything you would like to share.

Well my name is Beth I am in middle school. I hang out with my friends all the time. I love playing my flute in band and singing in Choir. I love science and want to become a Marine Biologist.

Fun! I loved choir in middle school and high school. Marine Biology sounds like an awesome degree.

Do you like to write as well as read?

I sometimes like to write but my brother does. He is the one who tries to get me to write more.

If only my brother would do that...

About how many books do you read in a week, month, or year?

I read everyday. I read in school when I go to bed it is a fascinating world.( the books). I read about 2-3 books per month.

Nice!

What is your favorite genre? Why?

My favorite genre of books are the relatable ones. They are the ones where it is in the same time period but you can relate somehow. Like in Dork Diaries I can relate because we are both in middle school.

It is definitely easier to enjoy a book when you can relate to the characters.

What is one of your favorite books or series? Why?

My favorite book is Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel. I love this book because it shows people can change if you try.

Hmm. I have never heard of that book. I'm glad you like it!

What do you think makes a book great?

I think a book is great when you can grab my attention and never loose it.

That is definitely something every reader loves to find when they pick up a book.

What do you think makes a book terrible?

A book is terrible when you read it and you don't feel anything. You are a robot reading a bad book. That is how I think it is. The author should have grabbed you and made you feel what the main character is and if you don't feel that why read?

Very good point.

What do you think authors (yourself, your favorites, or authors in general) could do to make their books better?

I think authors should try to think of who they are writing for. I love how some authors make books for my age  and my age only. I hate having to choose in book stores do I go to the kids or the High schoolers? So authors writing for my age would be wonderful.

Yes, it is definitely nice when the authors write for your age group. I am finding that there are not many clean fiction or fantasy that is for my age group of new adult, so I would appreciate that too.

Thank you, Beth, for joining us today! We loved having you!


And, in case you are curious about Beth's favorite book, let me introduce Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel.


Description

Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel
Diana Lopez

It's summer before eighth grade, and Erica "Chia" Montenegro is feeling so many things that she needs a mood ring to keep track of her emotions. She's happy when she hangs out with her best friends, the Robins. She's jealous that her genius little sister skipped two grades. And she's passionate about the crushes on her Boyfriend Wish list. And when Erica's mom is diagnosed with breast cancer, she feels worried and doesn't know what she can do to help.

When her family visits a cuarto de milagros, a miracle room in a famous church, Erica decides to make a promesa to God in exchange for her mom's health. As her mom gets sicker, Erica quickly learns that juggling family, friends, school, and fulfilling a promesa is stressful, but with a little bit of hope and a lot of love, she just might be able to figure it out.

Confetti Girl author Diana Lopez returns with this sweet, funny, and utterly honest story about being a girl in a world full of good (and bad) surprises.


No comments:

Post a Comment